Background

Monday, September 23, 2019

You're So Lovely Featuring Studio Katia


I have been a fan of Distress Ink longer than I have been a card maker. However, I was really late to the party on using Distress Ink as a watercolor paint.  When I finally decided to give it a go, I thought the Studio Katia You're So Ranunculus stamp set would be a good set as there are a lot of petals to practice shading.

I made three different cards, each with a different color of embossing powder, to be honest embossing in gold to watercolor is not my favorite look, but I wanted to challenge myself to see how it would turn out. In the end, I think it turned out better than I expected.

My son stopped by and saw my three card fronts sitting out and said the gold embossed version was the best.  He said he wanted it to give to a friend that is very kind to him. So, that is where this card is going.

Do you ever challenge yourself to use products in a different way?

I'm going to link this up to the Simon Says Stamp link party for Studio Katia.  I've also linked this to the SSS Monday challenge Stitch It since the frame uses a Wonky Stitches rectangle die. Check it out.

3 comments:

  1. HOW FUN that you are playing along with SSS Stamptember! It is FUN, isn't it? Your card looks LOVELY! I LOVE water coloring! I've not tried the Oxide Inks yet with Water Coloring, but it looks GREAT! RICH in color! AND BIG INKY HUGS for coming over to visit! I've been cranking out cards, & haven't had time to visit too much! LOL SO GLAD you came over!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, it is really appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Your card is beautiful! Congratulations on talent and creativity!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?