Background

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

A Notecard Set Featuring Tim Holtz



Brandy and I are such fans of Tim Holtz.  He's one of the folks we've watched and followed over the 15+ years we've been crafting together.  As such, we have quite the stash of supplies and materials that we accumulated through out fandom and attending all three Creative Chemistry classes over at Online Card Classes.

Today I decided to pull out some of the supplies that have languished in the stash and make good use of them.  These cards were made with an assortment of Tim Holz Wildflowers Thinlits and Garden Greens dies die cut from Distress Ink and Distress Oxide backgrounds..  The background paper is Tim Holze Kraft resist paper that I layered with matching Distress Ink and Distress Oxides.  They blend so delightfully.  The flowers are made using Tim Holtz glassine paper, an oldie but a goodie.  Here's some additional inspiration from Tim Holtz Kraft glassine ideas.





While making these cards in the midst of creating for Stamptember which has involved lots of techniques, I'm reminded how very much I enjoy working with my Distress products and what a delightful finish they provide.  I should definitely use them more often!







This pink card is mostly Distress Oxides and I'm pleased with how bright the card turned out in the end.  Again - reminder to use these techniques more often.



I'm going to link this up to the Simon Says Stamp link party for Tim Holtz.  I am also going to link this up with Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge Simon Says Anything Goes.  Check it out.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?