I am back today to share more of my photos of card fronts I created using my new (to me) Brushos watercolor crystals. For this first one, I stamped an image in black Archival ink onto Strathmore watercolor paper. Then, I applied water strategically, sprinkling the Brushos into the water. the different colors had to be applied one at a time, so this technique was far more time consuming.
The stamping onto the watercolor paper is a little less artful - the texture causes unevenness to the stamped image. At first, I didn't like how this turned out, but I like it a lot more after living with it. You can see the vivid nature of the Brushos in the purple surrounding the butterfly. It is even more bright and cheery in person.
For this next couple of card fronts, I embossed the flower and swirls with white embossing powder onto the watercolor paper. I used the same technique - applied water to the areas I wanted the color and then sprinkled the Brushos into the space.