Background

Monday, September 30, 2019

O Holy Night - Early Christmas Card Featuring Paper Smooches


I can't believe that Stamptember is almost over.  Whew!  What a month and what a great job my bestie, Brandy, did to get the majority of the Stamptember posts done this month.  All told, we posted 27 cards featuring 22 of the 28 manufacturers featured by Simon Says Stamp.
That's 78% of the manufacturers represented on our blog this month.  I'm not sure whether to be proud of that or slightly ashamed that our stashes are that deep!  I'm going to settle on proud because I think some of our work is fantastic.

For this last card I'm sharing with you one of my all time favorite Christmas card images using Paper Smooches A Blessed Christmas stamp and die.  The image is so simple, but yet speaks volumes to me.  The humble, downturned gaze of Joseph, the grin on Mary who must have been slightly bemused at her situation while pleased to look on her son and a delighted baby Jesus - happily content with his Earthly parents.  I kept the background simple to highlight the image raised with foam tape.    This card will go in the stash and be sent out in a few short weeks (!) in celebration of Christmas.  I think I have a few more cards to make.  Yay for the Stamptember inspiration to fuel my creative mojo.

I'm going to link this up to the Simon Says Stamp link party for Paper Smooches.  I'm also linking this up with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Let's Get Ready for Christmas.  Check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?