Background

Saturday, September 14, 2019

To Have and To Hold - A Bridal Shower Card Featuring Art Impressions


Brandy and I have talked several times about being collectors... you know, when you buy crafting supplies so that you can say you have the "whole set" but then are afraid to use them up or they get "collected" and not used.   The Art Impressions watercolor stamps are a "collection"  for me.  I don't have everything, but I do have all the basic foliage, floral and trees as well as a few houses and churches, etc.  I thoroughly enjoy using them, but I forget to get them out, preferring to use the latest stamp set I purchased or work on a project specific card, etc.

Today is not that day!  I broke out my Art Impressions Watercolor Church stamp set and set about making this card for a friend to give at a bridal shower.  When I was done with the scene, I struggled a bit as to how to finish the card.  Truthfully, I die cut with this frame die and was shocked and dismayed as I wasn't thinking the center would die cut out.  I recovered and think that this might have been the best kind of happy accident as it creates the most delightful frame for my scene.

I'm after the Watercolor Mountains stamp set at the Scrapbook Expo that Brandy and I are at right now.  I brought my stamp collection to the crop and look forward to creating some works of art during the crop today.

I'm linking this up with the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Art Impressions linky party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?