Background

Monday, September 9, 2019

Look for the Rainbows Featuring Colorado Craft Company


I have had a pretty challenging couple of months and have been trying to find ways to keep focused on the positive people and things in my life.  Somehow this image from the Colorado Craft Company Sympathy stamp set didn't scream loss to me, but instead how we should look for the blessings in our lives especially during difficult times. The sentiment comes from Simon Says Stamp Look For the Rainbow set.

I had intended to watercolor the image so I fussy cut a mask of the lady holding the umbrella and then blended the rainbow using Distress Oxide inks.  Instead of spraying dips into the ink I crumpled up a baby wipe and rolled it across the ink. I think this adds interest without conflicting with the rain lines in the stamp.

When I lifted the mask off of the image, something told me to leave the image without color, so I did. I like how it turned out.

Have you ever changed your card design right in the middle of making your card?

I'm going to link this card up with the SSS Colorado Craft Company linky party.


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love that you're shopping your stash, too, using the SSS manufacturer stamps you already have. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?