Background

Saturday, September 21, 2019

I Think You're Cool Featuring Neat and Tangled


I want to start this post by saying Nichol Spohr is a creative genius! I love almost everything thing she creates and I aspire to have 1/3 of her creative prowess.  I watched Nichol's most recent tri-fold card creation and thought I would try the same concept, only using my Neat and Tangled Stay Cool stamp set.


What, these aren't photos of a tri-fold card? NO, they are not.  I had decided the background of my tri-fold was going to be the Aurora Borealis and I set off with my trustee Distress Oxide inks, make up blending brushes, and sturdy masking tape to try and create the northern light. I have provided a photo of that result.  I was so happy with how the background turned out! I don't think the photos do it justice, but I splattered Nuvo sparkle pen on it to try and create some shiny stars.

As I was trying to clean up the ink pads before starting the next phase of coloring and the Peacock Feathers fell out of my hand and wrecked the bottom of the card. I almost cried and came very close to throwing the while panel away...so close.

I walked away from the entire card making project for the evening.  The next morning I thought I might be able to save at least one of the images if I cut the panel down; which is what I did and why the tri-fold inspired by Nichol is not what you see in this post.
ATC Card

I ended up coloring the images with Zig Clean Real Brush markers. The ground in each scene was hand drawn, there are no stamps or dies for that.  Since I had to cut down the card, I  also needed to then solve for a background, enter in Tim Holtz Simply Snowflakes embossing folder and his metallic paper and two cards and 1 ATC later it is done.


Have you ever thrown away a card you were making because of an apparent catastrophe?

I'm linking this to the SSS Neat and Tangled linky party.


1 comment:

  1. OH YES, I HAVE thrown away cards after my mistakes/boo-boo's! LOL You did a GREAT SAVE on these! I LOVE the Aurora Borealis you did! It's GORGEOUS!!!! AND SUCH SWEET CARDS with these images! I had NO IDEA that people were posting from past posts! MAYBE, they'll count them out? You would think, right? I haven't even noticed this! FINGERS CROSSED you & I will be one of the winners! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?