Background

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Simple Fall Themed ATCs Featuring Tim Holtz Products


I am a huge fan of Tim Holtz, especially anything Distress. I had a creative block a few years ago and then I saw a Tim Holtz video on Christmas tags and I have been creating ever since. Thanks, Tim.

When I saw the Glorious Bouquet stamp, I instantly and foolishly thought it would be easy to watercolor.    For the record, it is not.

I stamped the image several times using different inks on different paper (including my Arches hotpress) and I just couldn't get a crisp enough image to watercolor or to even try to to use with my colored pencils. I am not sure what adjectives best describes how I spent most of my day (frustrated,  irritated, or disappointed), but all I know is that I was far from happy with any attempt and was about to throw in the towel, when I decided I was not going to let the stamp beat me.

I decided to do some Distress Oxide blending on Bristol smooth cardstock and once it dried just stamp the image over it.  I figured the fall colors would show through the open parts of the image and they did.  From there I cut it down into ATC sized card fronts that can be used on a small note card in flowers or some other gift to a friend at a difficult time.






Today was a good reminder that not everything is going to turn out exactly as we want it to, but if keep trying it will usually turn out how it is supposed to.  While I don't need reminded of it, today was a great example of Andie's constant friendship. Thanks for being you, my friend.

I'm linking this up to the Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz linky party.


1 comment:

  1. These are lovely. Saw them on the SSS blog, and enjoyed looking through the other creations on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?