Background

Friday, September 27, 2019

A Birthday Scene Featuring Pretty Pink Posh


I love the story book look of no line coloring, it reminds me of the Golden books we read as kids. When I saw the Pretty Pink Posh Birthday Scene stamp set, it screamed no line coloring to me.

I stamped the image with Simon Says Stamp Fog ink and used my Faber Castell polychromos pencils to do the coloring.

I have never heard it mentioned on craft the mainstream videos, but did you know polychromos are oil based pencils and that means they resist chalk? To get the soft background I just dusted some of my chalk pastels over the image, no smearing or lifting! To make sure the background didn't fade or rub off I gave it a quick spray of fixative and it is good to go.

What crafty secrets do you have?

I'm going to link this up to the Simon Says Stamp link party for Pretty Pink Posh.  I am also going to link this up with Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge Simon Says Anything Goes.   Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?