Background

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Pink Fresh Studios Stamptember Exclusive Stamp and Die Set - A Soft Floral Card


Stamptember was a big celebration for Brandy and I here at Contagiously Crafty.  We have been playing along with stamps from our stash for the featured manufacturers and enjoying every minute.  Lots of conversations were had throughout the month, but in the end (so far!) we've only picked up one Stamptember exclusive - Pink Fresh Studio stamp and die.  The unique nature of the partial die cutting was very appealing.  When I got my stamp set I decided to stamp a few images using different media - Bristol cardstock, Bee Paper Watercolor Paper and Toner Grey papers.  I also did a variety of black ink, white heat embossing, gold heat embossing and rose gold heat embossing.  I singled out this white heat embossed image for my first attempt.

I used my Mission Gold watercolors and a paper towel to apply very light layers of color, building some of the accents very slowly, ultimately ending with this result.  I really wanted a soft look and was able to successfully achieve that in this card.  The flowers were so pretty I couldn't do anything but mount on a light pink cardstock base using some foam tape behind some of the bigger die cut sections.

This was so much fun to make, I can see several more cards in my future.  I'm going to link this card up with the Pink Fresh Studios linky party at Simon Says Stamp.

I'm also linking this up with the Time Out challenge 145 Breast Cancer Awareness and Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge Simon Says Anything Goes


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with the encouraging sentiment, perfect for our challenge! Love you soft watercoloring and the dimension in this card. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning and I love how the dies only partially cut the card, never seen one like that before. The colours are beautifully soft and the sentiment goes with our challenge theme perfectly. So glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning...love your partial die cut flowers, they look so amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?