Background

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Rainbow Wishes - A Concord and 9th Tribute Set of Cards


In preparation for the 10th anniversary of Stamptember, Andie and I decided we would make cards to recognize some of our favorite stamp manufacturers. I have really fallen in love with Concord & 9th and so I selected the Rainbow Wishes stamps and dies for my first effort. I have been challenging myself to use Fabriano's black mixed media or the new Stonehenge black watercolor paper in projects over the last few weeks and thought the  would be a great option. I love the stamps, but ultimately, rainbows on black paper just seems to fall short. Even using Distress Oxides to stamp the images, it just isn't working for me. I tried to brighten the background with some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, but I was still not feeling it.  What do you think about using black cardstock or watercolor paper?


I decided to use the stamps and dies in a more traditional way.  The rainbow just pops more using the white cardstock. I used the Distress Archival inks for these and I have to tell you the colors are beautiful.  I hope Ranger makes more Distress Archival colors soon.  Ultimately, with the exception of one all of these cards are going to a local card drive. Hopefully,  the recipients will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.




I'm going to link this up to the Simon Says Stamp Concord & 9th link party  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?