Background

Sunday, April 19, 2020

A Mother's Day Set of Cards - Same Layout Two Different Ways


I had made this card for my bestie's birthday.  I just love the card, the colors the layout, the look of the Altenew Painted Flowers stamped with soft Distress Ink colors.  I loved it so much that I took one of the fails from that card making adventure and used it as a template for mass producing card fronts.  I guess all the tumult in the world has caused me to have extended stamping sessions and so multiple seem very easy.  These first few cards are my attempt to turn that stamping session into cards.


You'll notice the cluster of flowers is exactly the same - I used my MISTI to replicate Brandy's card.  However, when I put the cards together I challenged myself to frame and/or layout the cards in a slightly different manner.  The first card is A2 and the second is an A7 like Brandy's card.  Each have their own and different look.  These will go in the stash.  I don't know whether things will be different in the flower shop where my cards usually are.  Mother's Day was a big event there last year.  I'm wondering how everything will be different this year.  I'm going to save these for the shop either way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?