Background

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Funny Story #2



I was in Hobby Lobby a while back with a 40%off coupon and  came across this Sizzix die, that appears to be a version of a stair step card fold. I made a rookie mistake not looking at it closer, because unlike  most stairstep cards, this one does not fold down to fit any any standard sized envelope, A2 or otherwise. When it is flat it is 6.25 x 4.5 inches and when it is folded inside shown in the photos it is 3.75 x 4.5 inches. I do not have envelopes that fit those, so it is time to pull out the WeR Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board and make my own.  Those aren't shown here because I am not sure when I will get to that.

I had planned to put these in the card sets my son requested, but now I am not sure if that is where they will end up.
Aside from the odd size the die set is packed with dies cuts that can be used in many ways.  I pretty much followed the way they demonstrated on the package, but there are a lot of possibilities for the images and the base as well.

I used a very old K&Company paper packed Confetti to cut the back ground paper and the rest were cut from cardstock entirely from my stash of scrap cardstock.

As these were intended for general purposes  I am not disappointed with the results even though the size is challenging and there is minimal space for a personal message on the back.

Moral of the story is to not assume something is going to work the way you expect it to.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?