Background

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Spending Time at Home - An Inspired Card Set


I have been thinking through the stash and some stamps that haven't gotten some inky love and realized that I've amassed quite a stash of Art Impressions Windows on the World stamps and dies.  I have the window dies and the curtains stamp and dies.  So, I pulled those out and began a massive stamping expedition.  This is the first set.  The second set of cards is yet to be finished, photographed, edited and posted.  Whew!


On the inside, the Windows on the World stamps onto Bristol paper and colored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I tried to color in a palette that match the curtains on the outside of the card.


On the outside of the card, I searched my stash of patterned paper for wood grain and/or inside wall looking patterned paper for the mating on the front.  The curtains were also from patterned paper packs - those that had a curtain-y feel to them.  I stamped and die cut the curtains, applying the top panel with foam tape to give a little dimension.  The table and vase are stamped on scraps of white cardstock and also colored using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  Each one had to be fussy cut because I don't own the matching dies to the MFT Make Yourself At Home stamp set. The sentiment is from the SSS Tiny Word sentiment stamp set.


The inside flap was dry embossed with an embossing folder and some WPlus9 Warm Wool ink used to make it look a little like siding on a house.  I made quite a few of these so it was more production line than anything else.













I'll either use these for gifts or give the set away to a card drive.  I believe they are delightful and so will likely use a few for my own purposes as well.  Off to finish the set...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?