Background

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Leftovers From This Week's Better Together Card Making Challenge



I had mentioned earlier this week that I had some extra backgrounds from my Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge trials.  I watercolored these backgrounds and then added to them with a mixture of Art Anthology Dimensional Medium in gold, white acrylic paint, spray stains and stencils.  Some of these effects are very faint, but they are there.  The color scheme's came from the challenge Brandy made to me and so the colors are bright and cheery.  The challenge theme was Whimsical Nature.
  



The floral and greenery is stamped on Bristol cardstock and colored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers using my three sets of Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers, More Spring Flowers and Even More Spring Flowers stamps and dies.  The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink Congratulations mini-stamp and die set.  They work perfectly with the colorful parts of the background.


This last card is my favorite.  I really love the color green and the offset from the green leaves with the blue makes my heart sing.

I'm so glad Brandy inspires me to step out of my comfort zone.  If these don't exactly match the theme, they are a close fit and I really had fun making these cards and those from the challenge.

I'm entering these into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Flower Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?