Background

Monday, April 13, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge by Andie

I shared in this post that, during this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  So, I present to you my entry for the first original Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Brandy's instructions to Andie:


Your challenge, should you choose to accept it is party time/celebration, but not birthday.  The color palette is provided, I would like to see all of the colors, but if not at least 3/5 colors to meet the challenge objective.

Stamping is not prohibited, but I would like to see more die cut use to bring it to life. You can use any other embellishment you like.

If you do stamp/paint you pick the media.

Please let me know if you have any questions.



Andie's response to Brandy's challenge:


This first card is my official entry into the challenge.  I was looking to meet the color palette inspiration, but I was honestly intimidated.  So I devised a way to use all of them, but some only minimally.  Notice I did achieve all colors as the yellow is in the lights on my scooter.  The other objective that I set myself was to use a die set I had not previously used.  The Spellbinders May 2019 Small Die of the Month scooter was exactly what I was looking for.  Brandy's favorite color is purple, so I decided to make that the central color.  My pink is brighter than the photo shows - it is hard to take a good picture because of the variation in color.

I'm very pleased with how this turned out.  All die cuts are from various Spellbinders sets except the "Hooray" which came from a set.  I was very excited for our challenge and delighted to see this result.


I, too, created a bonus card.  Neither of us discussed the bonus card, just found that we had extra stuff on the workbench and put them together for fun.  This card definitely hits all the color palette notes and turned out better than I had hoped.  Those flowers are from the April 2019 Spellbinders Small Dies of the Month and the sentiment is from the December 2019 Small Die of the Month.  I just couldn't put those scraps away so I used them up.  Hooray for using up the stash!

This was so much fun, we'll be back next week for another Better Together Mix and Match Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?