Background

Monday, April 27, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Week 3 by Brandy

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  This is our third week of challenges.  I present to you Week Three of the Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.



For your Better Together Challenge, Andie selected for you a choice in layout sketch, an inspirational theme, a color scheme.  This is truly a mix and match challenge, mix up the elements of the sketch, match them to the inspirational theme and/or challenge yourself to really amp up the color scheme. Keep it simple or make it complex. Whatever you do, mix and match the challenge.

I loved the color palette of this challenge and immediately thought roses; which is what I should have done. I over thought it and landed on roses would be too predictable. So, I decided to try and focus on the sketches, saying, and color scheme for the first card.  Once I got started, it really just messed with me a bit. I knew I wanted to make an easel card, but the size of the circle threw me. I probably shouldn't have used the actual feathers, but they were glued down before I figured that out.  Anyway, card #1 is my official response.

The card base is made from WPlus9 Dove Gray cardstock, but the gray doesn't come through that well in photos.  The circle base is from honey Bee Deckled Circles, birdhouse from Tuesday Morning die (don't recall the name), birds are from MFT, and the red flowers are from my Oasis Crafts stash.

I tried to stamp sheet music on the cardbase, but I don't think it shows well.  I chose a thank you sentiment from Simon Says Stamp because it fit nicely on the square.


The second card doesn't have a sentiment yet, I am not sure what it will be used for.  It just didn't go where my creative mind wanted it to.

I used Tim Holtz Sewing Room Bigz die, the green overlay is from an old Heartfelt Creations die that I don't remember the name of, and the butterflies are from Spellbinders January 2019 card kit.

The same Dove Gray cardstock is used, but I stamped a background on it and the dress form base.

I did have to alter the stand on the dress for to get it to fit on the base.

My favorite part of this challenge was definitely the color palette.  It gave me so many ideas and I had fun trying to execute them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?