Background

Monday, April 13, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge By Brandy

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  So, I present to you the first original Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Andie's instructions to Brandy:

For your inaugural Better Together Challenge, I have selected for you a color scheme, an inspirational theme and request that you use at least one Rubbernecker die in this challenge.

I edited the layout of this poem 




Brandy's response to Andie's challenge:

So, here is my response to your challenge. Obviously, the card with the little girls is my official entry, that is a Rubber Stampede stamp from forever ago. I think that little poem had more influence than anything else.

















The entire color pallet was used in the sunset, but I had to knock that orange back a lot to get it right. I had to mix the colors to get the pallet to match; I think it is pretty good.

The only Rubbernecker dies I have besides chickens and roosters are the Rubbernecker Small Flowers #1Small Flowers #3 and Leaves and Greenery dies, so those are what I used.

The sentiment sort of blurred on the left, but I didn't feel like ripping the card apart to make another window just for that.


Card #2, was a bonus. I had so many flowers left from card one including some with that full orange, I thought why not make another card? This  was made using a Spellbinders wreath and  Penny Black sentiment stamp.

I really liked the color pallet, not something I would have come up with myself.  It was nice to break away from the monograms for a bit.







I simply loved both card, but that sunset was ever so perfect.  I also adored the tiny flowers.  My thought was to target getting them used and I can't believe Brandy was able to make such a beautiful card, let alone two.  Hooray.  I'll be back shortly with my challenge and the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?