Background

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Funny Story


This morning I was feeling like I needed to do something artsy, but I wanted to try something different than traditional watercolor. So, I decided to use some of that glossy cardstock from X-pedit from years ago.  I also thought, why not use Distress Oxide. Well, here is why, it makes a nice misty background, but details get that chalky look and they just don't come through.  To which I thought, let's try Distress Stain, still not enough detail. I finally got to Daniel Smith watercolors and started getting some color to stay when I realized I had sat the paper right in the Distress Stain. I had to scramble to remotely try and salvage this to be anything.  This is where I am leaving it and moving on.

I will put it in my practice/attempt file and call it good.


So much happier with this:


This where the voice in my head said "Stop!". I did not listen. So I kept going and this is the final result:



Not bad for a good day's worth of painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?