Background

Friday, September 11, 2015

Baby Shower Card


I made a card to go with my shower gift.  That pink handmade paper called my name so I decided to feature it greatly in the card.  I think it really works here - adding a bit of softness and texture that allows the teeny, tiny flowers to be the star.  Here's the details:
  • The patterned paper in the background came from the Echo Park Bundle of Joy 6 x 6 paper pad
  • The frames were cut using a Spellbinders set.  I've lost the labeling and so I'm not sure which set, but I had to hand trim the frame out as it doesn't cut all the way, but leaves the image in the center of your paper.
  • The sentiment is cut from white cardstock using my Penny Black Words of Gratitude die.
  • The leafy swirl is cut from white cardstock using my Spellbinders Sprig D-Lites die.
  • The flowers are cut out of pink cardstock using my IO Spiral Flowers die.  I used a little TuTu pink prills in the center.

Inside I used one of the leftover chipboard sentiments paired with a stamp from the stash.  I thought this card a perfect blend of soft and sweet, just right for a baby shower card.

ETA:  I'm linking up to Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #200 Let's Celebrate.  Come join the fun as we celebrate their 200th challenge.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?