Background

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

More Watercoloring with Distress Markers


I did it - broke out an old Close to My Heart Twinkle Toes stamp set and created some scene cards.  Once again, I followed the no-line watercoloring technique with Distress Markers shared by Kristina Werner in her video.  In this set, I started each image with Antique Linen Distress Inks and created the background by eye-balling it.  In Some cases this worked, but if you look close enough there are other cases with clear flubs.  Don't look too close and you'll start to think I'm a bit of an artist!

The sentiment is stamped onto the same watercolor paper in black Archival Ink.  The sentiment comes from the CTMH stamp set and the frame stamped and die cut with my Our Daily Bread Designs Ornate Borders stamp and die set.  

I enjoyed cutting these images out with some of my dies and others I just punched the corners with a corner punch.  Either way, these are ready as card toppers to put together as needed.

I really had a lot of fun working with these images and coloring them.  Truthfully, they have sat idle in the stash for a very long time because simply didn't believe I had enough talent in me for coloring.  Be encouraged all who think the same of themselves.  It is not true!  Our talent is just slightly different than those who can create these images with slightly more ease.  Try it, mess up, try again and be amazed.  I sure am...
I'm not sure what I will do with this one last piece.  The flower stamp comes from a different stamp set.  I ended up stamping and coloring this image and then decided to cut the frame using a similar technique shown in this video. Wonderful technique that I simply don't use enough.

Stretch your crafting talent.  Go out a view a few YouTube videos or surf the talented blogs of your friends and then give these techniques a try.  You might be pleasantly surprised at the results, just like me.


4 comments:

  1. Awe....these are adorable. I love these mice! Their tutus are so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are fabulous, love the little flower you could add a sentiment and just add to a white card for CAS design.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful. You have certainly encourage me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?