Background

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Watercoloring with Distress Markers


No secret, I'm loving water coloring right now.  I have been extremely busy at work, traveling a bit this month.  I'm trying to get caught up with some of my Online Card Class, Water Coloring for Card Makers.  This lesson included Kristina Werner's no line water color technique.  This caused me to get out some very old Close to My Heart image stamps and try my hand at this technique.  For each image, I used a similar technique shared by Kristina Werner in her video.


I first stamped the image using Antique Linen Distress ink.  I then used a water brush and Distress Markers to color each image, drying with a heat tool between colors.  When the edges became very faint, I then would use the fine tip of the Distress Marker to provide definition to the image.  Finally, the scene was completed by washing some ink as sky and ground using my larger tip water brush.  The sentiment in this card front is stamped using black Archival Ink.


I'm no artist, let me be the first to tell you.  However, the stamped images which are exquisitely designed by CTMH really help someone like me to look a bit more polished.  However, I have to credit Kristina Werner who provided such a simple tutorial that I plucked up my courage to give it a try.  I'm now looking for more stamps in the stash to try my hand at this technique.

I'm sure to make cards out of these images.  If/when I do I'll share the finished product.  For now, I'm off to cut down some water color paper and try to finish my class lessons.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?