Background

Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Very Friendly Birthday Card


Brandy sent me a photo of this lovely creation she made for her niece's birthday.  It is so bright and colorful, I'm just in love with this card.  Here's some details about the card:

  • This shaker card was made using a technique similar to the one shared by Jennifer McGuire's video.  The opening is a simple rectangle, but the foam sheet behind, use of glittery sequins inside, etc. are all similar.
  • The balloons and streamers were stamped using various inks and Mama Elephant's Party Kit stamp and die set.  Brandy used some black string as the balloon ties and I think it adds just the right texture and depth to the card.  
  • I'm not exactly sure where the candles came from, but I enjoy the colorful addition.  They were adhered with the sentiment frame to the card base before creating the shaker part of the card.  I believe the presents were a part of the same sticker set or technique.
  • The chummy pals on the front of the card were stamped using black Archival Ink and the PaperSmooches stamp set Chubby Chum Pals.  The colored images were also cut using the coordinating dies.  

Tell me how charming and adorable this card is!  Each small element has been created with such love and attention.  As usual, Brandy stuns and I'm so blessed she lets me share her creations here with you.  Let's all give Brandy a round of applause.  She reads your comments and is encouraged (like me) by your kind words!


3 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?