Background

Monday, September 28, 2015

Brilliant Fall Colors



I am the guest designer this week at the City Crafter Challenge blog for their challenge Fall Has Arrived.  You might be getting tired of hearing this same theme from me, but it is a measure of my gratitude to the ladies for asking me to join them.  Time is very short to join this challenge.  Get your post together and link up quickly as the challenge closes tonight.  For this challenge you can create a project or pick an element from the photo inspiration.


This card was made using the following techniques which are similar to the one in the challenge entry.  Here's the details:
  • The background was made by sprinkling Brilliant Red, Orange and Yellow Brushos watercolor crystals onto Strathmore watercolor paper.  I then used a spray bottle to mist water over the paper.  It created these splashes of color.  I did leave the paper flat and used a heat tool to dry so I didn't (purposefully) get too much watercolor effect.  This technique leaves wonderful bursts of color that are perfect for this card.
  • I die cut the leaves with my Momenta Cut 'N Emboss Leaf die from some glitter paper.  I inked the emboss plate from the leaf die using brown Archival Ink.  The ink added the leaf veins and created beautiful focal points on the card.  
  • The sentiment came from a Raisin Boat Thankful stamp set.  I stamped in brown Archival Ink and hand cut the banner, edging in Distress Inks.  
It was so fun to prepare to be the guest designer.  Hurry on up and join the fun over at City Crafter Challenge Blog!  The challenge ends tonight.



9 comments:

  1. Glittery and stunning, you know what, I am going to Aspen tomorrow, and this is exactly what I am expected to see!
    You are the best GD ever, thanks for the shout out again my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Andie this card took my breath away. You should keep this and frame it. And hang it in your living room because it's priceless. It was wonderful to have you as our Guest Designer. You have been an amazing and lovely addition to our team. Thank you! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Andie! Love, love, love your card! Awesome background, your colors are so beautiful together. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Andie, love all the brightly colored leaves! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant playing with Brushos, a great fall themed card, captured beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That background is amazing! Love the fall colors :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?