Background

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Beautiful Watercolor Butterfly with Brushos Watercolor Crystal Background


Stopping in today with another card front made using my Brusho watercolor crystals.   I taped the Strathmore watercolor paper down to my work surface, creating the perfect frame for my butterfly.

After stamping the butterfly in black Archival Ink,  I sprinkled a variety of colors onto the area around the image.  I spritzer the surface with a water bottle and the brilliant burst of color were created.  I used a heat tool to dry the background and then added water with a paint brush to the butterfly.   I sprinkled the water with the blue crystals and ,et the color spread.   Lovely don't you think?

I'll be moving on to other projects, but expect to use these new toys frequently  as I have fallen in love with them.   I'm beginning to think forward to Christmas and planning some crafty goodness for gifts.  This should be a fun season.  Have you started planning yourself?  It will be here before we know it.

I've linked up with Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge Simon Says Make It Colorful and Word Art Wednesday's Challenge Challenge #199 - Anything Goes/Family.  Come join the fun.





8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - thanks for sharing this! Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS lovely! How gorgeous is that background! Your use of Brusho is perfect in this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make It Colorful” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely!! Gorgeous card! Love that colorful background! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Word Art Wednesday! Hope you will join us next week for our 200th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this is fab Andie, I LOVE your colourful background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Andie, your background with the brosho is stunning and a beautiful butterfly!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. But what are the crystals, where do you get them & how do you use them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've updated the post to link to Amazon where you can buy the crystals. There are lots of videos online about using them. Google or search YouTube using keyword "Brushos".

      Delete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?