Background

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Baby Shower Card - Baby Boy Style


While I was making baby shower cards, I decided to try a bit of Distress Ink scene making.  The card didn't turn out as I expected, more on that later.  Here's the details:

  • The sheep are die cut using a Quickutz die that is at least a decade old.  These little critters are adorable in person, but let me tell you about paper piecing these bad boys together.  Each leg is an individual die cut.  I almost lost my mind trying to decide whether the sheep look like they are actually standing on a hill.  A couple of them look to me like they are about to break their precious little necks.
  • Earlier this year, I had purchased a set of IO cloud dies at the scrapbook convention.  I, unfortunately didn't empty my convention bag (it is a nylon shoulder bag and I've pinned all my lovely convention pins to the outside, anywhooo).  When the construction and work was done on my house, I misplaced the bag.  Just found these dies again and decided to die cut some to use as a mask for my Distress Ink scene building.
  • I used Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans and Scattered Straw inks to create my scene.  There is a little Vintage Photo in the grassy dirt as well.  The sentiment was stamped in brown Archival Ink.
When the scene was all made I couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't girly.  The baby's room decorations were sheep and so I thought this themed card would work.  All in a rush I decided to stamp a sentiment on the inside and place some pink epoxy dots.  I thought that would help.  It didn't, so I made a pink card (shared with you a couple of days ago).

This card will go in the stash and I can use it on a future occasion where it fits better or I forget my strong feelings about the front.

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

City Crafter challenge Week #278 - Feeling Flat.  I think this card is as flat as you can go with die cuts - easy for mailing.

Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #200 Let's Celebrate.  Come join the fun as we celebrate their 200th challenge.


4 comments:

  1. Oh boy, those baa baa are really really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this. The little sheeps are perfect for a lovely baby boy card. Soft but not too soft. Wow! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! fabulous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card and I love those sheep :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?