Background

Saturday, September 26, 2015

A Bunch of Leafy Gratitude

If you're here to see my guest appearance at the City Crafter Challenge Blog this week, scroll down or click here.


I am the guest designer this week at the City Crafter Challenge blog for their challenge Fall Has Arrived.  For this challenge you can create a project or pick an element from the photo inspiration.


I made several cards in anticipation of hosting the challenge and have been posting them this week to encourage you to participate in this fun challenge.  This card was made using some of the leftover pieces of my challenge entry.  Here's the details:


  • The card background was made using Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The technique is all over the internet - simply apply the inks on the front of the card base with a sponge tool.  I then dropped water droplets onto the card front to create the splotches which look like rain.
  • The leaves are die cut from one of the test backgrounds created using my Brusho watercolor crystals.  They are die cut with my Momenta Cut 'N Emboss Leaf die.  They create beautiful focal points on the card.  I edged each with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and used some yellow twine to tie bows to each leaf.
  • The sentiment came from a Raisin Boat Thankful stamp set.  I stamped in brown Archival Ink and hand cut the flag, edging  and coloring in Vintage Photo and Walnut Ink Distress Inks.  

Oh my goodness I am having a ton of fun this week.  I am so thankful that the ladies over at City Crafter Challenge Blog invited me to be the guest designer.  Won't you join us in the challenge?  Create a card or project using the photo as inspiration.  Then head on over to the blog to link up to the challenge.

I decided to link this card up to a few other challenges:

Little Red Wagon Happy Fall Y'all

Word Art Wednesday's Challenge # 202 Anything Goes

Come join the fun!

4 comments:

  1. Another beauty Andie, I love that soft background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie this card is stunning. A great technique and I love the leafs you added; fab choice of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Little Red Wagon!
    Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and love the leaves! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?