Background

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Our Beautiful World - Jump!



Our Beautiful World has a word prompt this week - Jump!  I immediately thought of these pictures of my daughter and a couple of her teammates.  These ladies were horsing around after a game one night - one they probably lost, but that was their spirit.  Win or lose, they simply loved to play together.  So they jumped.


Capturing a jump is difficult at best and I wasn't even the photographer here - it is another mom who shared the photo.  Still, with all the "flaws" in the photos, these are some of my favorite and really captured the girls and their personalities, freezing this moment in time.  I cherish this photo because of those qualities.


Sad to report, but we lost our beloved Abby this weekend.  She quickly developed health issues that wouldn't resolve and out of strong love, we put her to sleep on Sunday morning.  We'll miss her "jumps" as she barked enthusiastically for a bone, even until her ripe old age of 10 1/2.  She was old for a Saint Bernard, so we are grateful to have shared our home with her and blessed to care for her all these years.  I'm going to be lonely on weekend mornings as she was my companion while the rest of the house slept.  Maybe this will give me a chance to do a bit more crafting - to soothe my soul.

Our Beautiful World is a photo blog which gives you the opportunity to showcase your photography.  They strive to have participants from around the world.  Won't you join us with your own pictures?  Hop on over to participate or just see what people have contributed.




4 comments:

  1. Oh Andie - what fabulous photo's. I am so so sorry to hear about Abby, what a gorgeous dog! Take comfort in that you gave her a loving home. Hugs and thoughts coming your way xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the girls!!!
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Abby, it must be hard as I can imagine losing my Papi, sigh.... BIG HUG to you!
    Oh, thanks for sharing your photo with us this week at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful dog ... My heart feels for you...
    Terrific photo for the prompt and I'm so grateful you found the time to share with us at OBW ... Sending a hug

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?