Background

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Water Color for Card Makers - Day 2 Washes

On the second day of my Online Card Class, we were instructed to work with watercolors like Distress Inks or Peerless water colors to create a wash effect  the idea was to experiment with our paper and watercolor to see how it moves and works when blending.  I'm stopping by tonight to share my experiments.


This was created with three different colors  one at a time.  I used a fair amount of water on this one.  I used Distress Ink for each of the following.


This one I tried to create an ombre look.  This is tougher than I thought,  but I really like the finish.


This last was intended to keep each stripe separate,  but blend in a way so that there is ultimately a smooth transition.   I'm sure I'll make cards from these and will share the final result when I do.  Hope your first day of fall was spectacular.


2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Andie, I can't wait to see your work in the near future with these lovelies!
    Thanks for your kind and encouraging words for me at my blog, I will continue to remind myself as I am taking all these baby steps towards healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your watercolour experiments! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?