On the second day of my Online Card Class, we were instructed to work with watercolors like Distress Inks or Peerless water colors to create a wash effect the idea was to experiment with our paper and watercolor to see how it moves and works when blending. I'm stopping by tonight to share my experiments.
This was created with three different colors one at a time. I used a fair amount of water on this one. I used Distress Ink for each of the following.
This one I tried to create an ombre look. This is tougher than I thought, but I really like the finish.
This last was intended to keep each stripe separate, but blend in a way so that there is ultimately a smooth transition. I'm sure I'll make cards from these and will share the final result when I do. Hope your first day of fall was spectacular.