Background

Monday, September 7, 2015

Handmade Baby Album


When I said moving on, I meant that I had a project that I was working on.  This book took a little time to make, so various parts have been together for a while.  This book was a gift made for my nephew and his wife as they are expecting their first child, a girl!  Since the baby's room theme was lambs I thought using Echo Park's Bundle of Joy collection would fit right in.




I started with a Tim Holtz grunge paper 6 X 6 mini album.  I fashioned much of the book and layouts off this video, changing things here nd there.  Each page is inked before I used wet glue to adhere the background paper to the grunge paper.



I tried to add lots of places to write thing down or add pictures.  This little bit folds out to reveal multiple locations for photos and handwritten notes.




I left most matting open so that the photo could slide into the space.







There are a couple design fails - here you see the flap that would not lay flat because I didn't think of the ring binding.  A little hack fix that you *barely* notice.  😊


Most of the shaped tags were cut using my Cricut and Accent Essentials cart.  Some were simply cut with the paper trimmer and stickers were used to make the handle.  The double sided paper works so well here as they may be used for picture or handwritten notes.



I simply love how the border dies work to make lacey edges.  There is more to share, but I've not yet edited those photos.  Going to try to finish that t om orrow and get the second post up so you can see the finish.  Hope you've stuck with me through this picture heavy post.  See you tomorrow for the finish.

3 comments:

  1. Love your pretty and sweet baby album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift. I have a coworker that needs one soon, I might have to lift the overall design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous gift - wow!!! Love those papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?