Background

Friday, September 18, 2015

A Set of Notecards with Vintage Flowers


I'm out of town today and scheduled this post last weekend after completing the post on my Altenew Vintage Flowers stamping session using my MISTI tool.  I'll suggest Jennifer Mcguire's video as it is what I used.  All sentiments were stamped with black Archival Ink using my SSS Handwritten Borders stamps.  I'll try to point out color combinations.  The purple is a Brilliance Pearlescent Purple pigment ink in the background and VersaMagic Purple Hydrangea pigment ink in the foreground.



Notice the difference in these red flowers.  The background ink is SSS Smoke hybrid ink.  The red is Colorbox Magenta pigment ink.  The first card was made with the "outline" layer in Colorbox Frosted White pigment ink.    This next card used another layer of the Magenta pigment ink.  I really like the outline effect of the white pigment ink, don't you?



The yellow is Close to My Heart's Buttercup dye ink and the orange is CTMH's Sunset dye ink.  This is an example of a color combination I was determined to hate and found that I really like the definition provided by these inks.


The background is a Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue pigment ink and the foreground is VersaMagic Aegean Blue pigment ink.  When I first stamped the background, I thought "Ugh!" due to the splotchy nature of the stamp. However, the look is very appealing lending texture to the flower.


The last one is SSS Smoke hybrid ink and CTMH Moonstruck dye ink.  This is another of my favorite combinations.  I like these so well that I intend to make a few more sets as presents.  Look for more pictures and color combinations coming before the holidays!

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge Simon Says Die Crazy.  I almost didn't purchase the matching die for the Altenew stamp set.  I'm so happy I did now.

Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge Love This Technique.  I couldn't resist joining this challenge.  I really do love this technique.  The layering stamps really add dimension to the card.

Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #201 Anything Goes.  They lays have such inspiring entries.

Come join the fun!

6 comments:

  1. I love your vintage flowers, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These roses are stunning. Good job Andie. I liked their site. Interesting ideas with layering like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! The red is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us for the Monday challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a beautiful card set!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, Andie--gorgeous set of cards! Great color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW! these turned out fabulous. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?