Background

Friday, May 22, 2020

Welcoming a Baby Boy Amidst Tragedy


The friend of an acquaintance recently had a preemie baby boy.  The family then, tragically, lost a close family member.  This sort of tragic situation brings home the concept of a bittersweet blessing.  This baby boy is so sweet and brings joy with his (early) arrival, with steady progress towards health and coming home.  When you lose a close family member, death is not sweet in any way and the providence of a newborn baby takes on a bittersweet sentiment.

Even more reason to celebrate the new arrival.  My friend and I decided to create a basket of gifts and I made this card using my Hero Arts Fun in the Sun stamp set. I watercolored the images stamped onto watercolor paper and die cut using my Waffle Flower Moon and Stars die to create the visual interest in the front of the card.  A little bow and some foam squares and this simple, but pretty card is completed.  We purchased some rubber duckies for the basket and this seemed appropriate.





I also went into the stash and found some soft, pretty yarn that matched the rest of the gifts and crocheted up this blanket for the baby and mama.  So fun and I hope a blessing in the midst of their sorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?