Background

Monday, May 18, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Week 6 by Brandy

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  This is our sixth week of challenges.  I present to you Week Six of the Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Andie's Challenge for Brandy:
















For this challenge, you are required to select and utilize one of the color combos provided and create a project that follows the rules.

  1. Design Rule – Follow the Rule of Thirds
  2. Color Rule – Use only the colors in the color combo selected
  3. Theme Rule – Must be inspired by the name of the color combo selected
  4. Technique Rule – There are no rules
  5. Challenge Rule – You must be able to explain how you followed the rules in order to defend your choices.

You are free to accept this challenge or decline the challenge.  Have fun!


My challenge submission: Apple Pie in July.

I LOVED my challenge this week. I had wanted to make a 4th of July birthday card and the challenge provided the opportunity. The stamp is a Gorjuss girl, Ladybird, which I bought a long time ago. I measured here with the rule of thirds grid in my camera and I believe she checks off rule #1.

The color pallet and card theme is Apple Pie In July.   I did not have any pie or really apple products, so I just went with July.
All of the colors in the pallet are utilized and other than white (not a color) and brown for her hair, there are no others.  I believe this checks off rules 2 and 3.

As for rule #4, it gave me the freedom to follow the rules 1-3 or not.  However, I felt the rules were reasonable, they made sense, and it was respectful of the time Andie put into developing the challenge.

The above responses I believe check off rule #5.

In addition to the Gorjuss girl stamp, the products I used were: The MFT Fireworks stamp set, Paper from Our Daily Bread Stars and Stripes and Old Glory 6x6 packs, the sentiment is from SSS printed sentiment pack, and the stripes were stamped with Archival ink using the Concord and 9th lined background stamp, but I can't find the name.

I made the flags using a banner die and cut down toothpicks.

The ONLY thing I would do different was the paper selection.  The paper packs are beautiful, but they have a glossy coating and it scratches easily.  I would use it for layering and diecutting, but it gets a little ridged fussy cutting.

I actually started another card using the same items, but a different image, if I get it done I will share as well.

I hope you are all looking forward to summer, staying safe, and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?