Background

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Hello There Sunshine!

ETA:  At Pamela's kind request, I've edited this post to add captions on the photos with the Distress Oxide inks used.  I didn't write down the colors and so I am guessing from my recollections.  Forgive me an inaccurate or incomplete descriptions.  

Crushed Olive, Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass

I am ever so delighted with my latest The Greetery purchase.  This set of cards was made out of a plethora of bits I stamped during a frenzied, quarantine induced stamp session one weekend.  Now I'm left trying to use up those pieces so that they don't sit like an unwanted toy three days after Christmas.  Use them I did...

Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass

Crushed Olive, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass

Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Wild Honey, Spun Sugar (stamped multiple times)

Mowed Lawn, Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Wild Honey, Spun Sugar

Peeled Paint (I think?!), Spun Sugar, Festive Berries, Shaded Lilac, Wild Honey

Mowed Lawn, Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass

Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Spun Sugar, Wild Honey
I'm so pleased with how these cards turned out.  The inks are all Distress Oxide inks and the sentiment are stamped with my WPlus9 Hand Lettered Hello which I then fussy cut out.  The backgrounds are stamped using my The Greetery Print Shop Fresh Floral stamp and stencil and the tiny flowers were created using my The Greetery Alphabuds stamps and dies.   The card base and the sentiment strip were all ink blended with Distress Oxides as well.  All in all, a lot of crafty fun!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. The combinations are so lovely. I just discovered The Greetery and am so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Greetery. I have followed Betsy long back to her days with Papertry Ink. Her work is beautiful as is yours. I have purchased a number of items from this last release. Still working with the Alphabuds stamps, just having a hard time trying to line up. I think that I need more time to play around. May I ask you what Distress Ink combo's you used for these beautiful layered flowers? They are so pretty and hopefully I will have the same colors. If you have a moment to reply it would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, Pamela! I, too, have been a follower of Betsy Veldman for years and purchased many items from this release. To be frank, I didn't write down the color combos exactly, though I will attempt to edit the post today with some descriptions to be helpful. I struggle with understanding the Distress Ink combos and there are so many cards in this set because I simply used many different combos - some I like better than others. I used this Pinterest pin (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/507429083017195919/) to guide my selection - choosing along the "spokes" of the color wheel depicted and it usually results in combos that I liked. The Pinterest Pin doesn't have all Distress colors, but it helps me make my choices. There are a few Distress Oxides which created that "oxidized" look that I don't prefer for the layered flowers. I haven't really "learned" how to combine - I just over-stamp and select from the results I like. I hope this is helpful to you. Look for an updated post in a bit as I try to re-create my colors.

      Again - thank you so much for your very kind words. I love creating together!

      Delete
    2. Also, Pamela. Did you see this post (https://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2020/04/alphabuds-greetery-stamps-and-dies.html) where I used the Alphabuds? I used my MISTI for positioning, but would say that you have to embrace imperfection with the Alphabuds. They aren't going to turn out perfect, but when you use them on a card the recipient will never notice. I received a lot of expressions of joy when they got their cards and not one person pointed out the many (!) mistakes that I see when I created these cards. I'm sure your work is beautiful. If you are on social media sharing your work, please comment or email me directly so that I can follow along and see.

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh - so many beautiful color combinations!!!! I love them all! I just got my set from the Greetery and have not been able to play yet - your cards make me want to PLAY! Thanks for doing so many different color combos - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much, for your kind words. The stamp sets are darling and they (obviously!) made me was to PLAY! I will wish you much fun, my friend, and happy card making with the results!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your color combos. I love using DO ink pads for stamping and this makes it so much easier to get pretty palettes. Your samples are beautiful,too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?