Background

Monday, May 18, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Week 6 by Andie

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  This is our sixth week of challenges.  I present to you Week Six of the Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Brandy's Challenge for Andie:




















Your challenge theme this week is Let's Be Clear.  That's right, using acetate and/or vellum for the focal point of your design is your challenge.

The images used and sentiment selection are up to you.  The use of either or both transparent substrates must be the focus or what makes the card special.

The color pallet and images are provided.  These particular items have also inspired me!  I can't wait to see what you do.


Let's be clear.... I thoroughly enjoyed the creative part of this challenge.  Let's be clear - I have not previously executed an acetate card front before, but the process was easier than I thought.  Let's be clear - I thought about the color palette early on and realize now that everything is done that the orange and yellow end of the spectrum was not fully realized (though I did use some very pale yellow Nuovo drops).  I am so pleased with how this first set of cards turned out - which are my official entry to the challenge.  The acetate was stamped with a Just Rite background stamp using ColorBox Silver and Pale Green pigment ink.  I had stamped one in white pigment ink and smeared the ink a few hours later when I picked up the card front.  That's when I had the hair-brained idea to set the ink with hairspray.  That worked perfectly and these two cards could be made.



I stamped the floral image using my Simon Says Stamp Look for the Rainbows stamp set onto some Memory Box patterned paper and fussy cut the images out for use on the front of the card.  It is easier to see the background script print on the pictures of the inside of the card as the patterned paper from the floral piece creates a bit more contrast.

On the inside of the card, a simple sentiment from a Sparkle and Sprinkle Iris Garden stamp set which I ink blended some coordinating Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink over the top.

I was so please and had the acetate out so I made a few more cards.



The following cards don't exactly follow the color palette of the challenge, but were inspired by the color palette.  I stamped the tulips using Distress Oxide inks and The Greetery Budding Beauties stamp set.  After that is was as simple as die cutting the frames using my Waffle Flower A2 rectangle dies and some leftover white cardstock lacey bits from a previous project using my Heartfelt Creations Decorative Lace die.  A few well placed Nuovo drops and the cards were finished.

























All in all, I loved my challenge again this week and can't wait until next week.  I'll be back shortly with a post from Brandy's challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?