Background

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Happy Father's Day Cards


Father's Day is almost here and I was thinking of what card design I wanted to make.  Then I saw a video from Taylored Expressions using the Brushstroke sentiment stamp set and a plaid stencil.  I was very inspired, so much so, I ordered the Brushstrokes stamp set.  I had the Gingham background stamp from Concord & 9th in my stash, so I used it instead of buying the  TE stencil.  I am really pleased with the plaid results.

Also, in the stash was the Concord & 9th Floral Print Silhouette Dies that I used to cut out the bears. 

The log die is actually paper that was ran through the Tim Holtz 3d embossing folder Lumber. 

I like to make my dad special cards, I hope he enjoys this one.  My dad called me Sugar Bear when I was a little girl, and that meant he was Daddy Bear; making this card appropriate and special.


I made extras of this card to send to the Scrapbook.com card drive.  I really enjoy donating cards to card drives and I am hoping these will find their way to helping someone brighten their father's day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?