Background

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Week 5 by Andie

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  This is our fifth week of challenges.  I present to you Week Fiveof the Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Brandy's Challenge for Andie:


Your challenge this week is Wild Flowers. The beauty of wild flowers is they are like sprinkles of color always different and never the same scene twice. This challenge is about being unique. You can free hand watercolor, draw with pencil, or use stamps to make your unique card scene. The only catch is you can't use a Bouquet stamp that already puts the flowers together for you. You can create your own by masking, but you have to create the flower design. It can be a field of flowers, a custom Bouquet in a jar, die cuts put together just as long as it is one of a kind, just like you.

This is an opportunity to use random embellishments like ribbon, twine, or even buttons, and brads.

The general color pallet is provided, but add colors as you like. The inspiration photo is provided.

I hope you enjoy the challenge!











This challenge took me about three or four rounds of painting to get there, but these "Spread Cheer" freehand watercolored scenes are the cards I'm most proud of because they are freehand. I doodled on the second card with a black pen. It was going good until I did the yellow flowers. Then it slid down the hill. However, I still think they are pretty in their own way.


This Kindness Blooms card was my first original thought, but it seemed to comfortable - so I went out of the box with the freehand stuff. Once I finished my freehand watercolors, but couldn't finish the card as it had to dry, I went ahead and created this die cut heavy card.  The flowers and leaves are both Spellbinders dies.



These Thinking of You cards were an attempt at a combo of free hand backgrounds and some Rubbernecker wildflower stamps - my attempt to avoid focus on the freehand. I used my Prima Oil Pastels, but unfortunately picked the wrong green and so I'm not pleased with the colors in the final analysis. However, the cards are not awful so I finished them off into a final card.  This challenge was once again a bit of a stretch for me, which I loved!  I'm so grateful for a bestie who will play along with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?