Background

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Week 4 by Brandy

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  This is our fourth week of challenges.  I present to you Week Four of the Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Andie's Challenge for Brandy:

For this challenge, Brandy was required to select from one of the video techniques provided.  These videos were some of Andie's favorites from a year ago (May 2019).

Creating an Interactive Birthday Cake Card - by Laura from My Favorite Things

How to Make 2 Beautiful Cards with One Die - by Therese from LostinPaper

No-Line Watercoloring in Real-Time by Kristina Warner

Creating a Magical Rain Shaker Card by Laura from My Favorite Things

Fun & Fresh Cluster Stamping w/Dawn - From WPlus9

Use some or all the video as inspiration (not imitation) to create your own project.   The transformation only has one instruction – use the color palette provided.  Brandy did not have to use the theme or products from the videos, just take something from the technique as an inspiration and transform it.


I was so excited to get Andie's Better Together Mix and Match challenge this week! I was given choices from her favorite videos of the last year, but the only requirement was I make whatever I picked my own and to use the color pallet.  I watched all the videos and decided I would combine one from Kristina Warner and Dawn from WPlus9. 


I used Kristina's galaxy painting technique as it incorporated the color pallet and Dawn's die cut base using the MFT Starry Circle.

I also used the MFT Somebunny I Love stamp and dies.  I colored the images with Copic markers using the color palette. I had bought this stamp set years ago, I am certain and never used it or the star dies.  This challenge gave me an opportunity to do so now.  I am very happy about that.

I had some time challenges this week, so I am the reason for delayed posting.   However, Andie and I agree this should not be stressful, especially since we are doing it to reduce stress in this crazy time. I do have two other cards using these products that I didn't get to finish for this post, but I plan to finish them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?