Background

Monday, May 25, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Week 7 by Brandy

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  This is our seventh week of challenges.  I present to you Week Seven of the Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Andie's Challenge for Brandy:



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         This week’s challenge is as simple as can be.  You are to be inspired by this picture of the sea.  A quote from George R R Martin will help to guide.  No palette was given, though the picture cannot be denied.   Begin and dream of balmy days.   Return on Monday with something to praise!



My official submission for this week's challenge.   I so love the beach and the ocean. I really liked the inspiration photo, it made me miss my travels to the beach.  I decided to use some products that I purchased more recently and went with the Prima Surf journaling cards for the sentiment and the printed paper is from the 6X6 paper pad.

I believe I cut the palm tree from a MFT die set I bought a long, long time ago and had never used.  The surf boards and beach ball are from Spellbinders Large Die of the Month form well over a year ago and had never been used.



I made the second card using the same supplies.  However,  the flower in the MFT set is shaped like a plumeria, but has the stamen of a hibiscus.  I wasn't as happy with the second card as I was the first, but I enjoyed making them both and I got to use supplies that I might not have gotten to for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?