Background

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Happy Mother's Day Cards and Some Watercolor Painting


I picked up The Ton Amazing Gardenia stamp set.  I was so enamored with the large floral which so fit the front of an A2 card.  I promptly stamped onto watercolor paper with a couple of different media.  This first card was stamped and clear, sparkle heat embossed.  When I did the watercoloring of the image, the outline sparkles in real person and the white lines create a perfect accent for the petals.  The watercolors I used are my Mission Gold watercolors. 


I also stamped several with plain black ink.  For this purple version, I ended up stamping over the image using my Simon Says Stamp You Are background stamp and white pigment ink.  I love how this turned out - the purples with the offset of the letter is delightful.


White acrylic paint spatters accent this pink floral image.  Probably the poorest watercoloring job in the bunch, but I still like the final product.


I'm not sure what I like best about this last card.  The yellow accent to the blue, the You Are background over the top or the contrast with the black and white sentiment.  In the end, this is my very favorite of the bunch.

So very much fun!


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty cards. My favorite is the first one. I seems coral to me and that is one of my favorite colors. The blue is nice too. I don't really care for the color purple so that is my least favorite, but really they are all nice. Probably a lot of people would like the purple one best - I seem to be in the minority in disliking purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?