Background

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Flowering Trees


I was so inspired by Betsy Veldman's technique video using The Greetery Budding Beauties Spring stamp set that I just had to try it for myself.  My first few attempts were simply a follow along to the tutorial, though I did use a sentiment from my Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words - Faith stamp set. 



Some of the elements of each card are more or less successful.  I really wish I had used the "branches" more sparingly which would have allowed me to use the "blooms" more sparingly as well. 


These two green versions though are my inspiration as green is my favorite color.  I just couldn't resist making a bright green version and these two are simply my favorite of the bunch. 


Huge thanks to Betsy Veldman for the tutorial.  My bestie and I actually had a conversation before the launch of the Budding Beauties Spring stamp set.  I was enamored with the cherry blossoms branch (which I see as a dogwood, but that's me being wrong) and just had to have the stamp set.  We both expressed that we could see using the cherry branch and the tulips, but found the baby's breath to be a bit odd and clunky.  Both of us agreed (at the time) that the baby's breath stamp would be one of those that we ultimately couldn't see using.  Clearly, I decided to not let that thought keep me from buying the stamp set.  Wow!  I'm glad I did as this card set is in the top two cards that I have made this this stamp set (and I've made a few!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?