Background

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Watercoloring with Distress Markers


Another no-line watercoloring image to share with you today. I once again I used the technique shared by Kristina Werner in her video to practice a lesson from my online class.  In this case, I used an old Stampin' Up wood block stamp that my grandma had for years.  She gifted me with the entire set last year and I was struggling to decide how to use it.  Kristina inspired me to give water coloring with the stamp a try.  I think it took me a bit of effort to get a pleasing image - there are a couple of pieces that I left in the garbage bag when all was said and done.  However, after playing a bit I'd have to say I really like the simple result here that created a beautiful focal point for a card topper.  I haven't decided just what to do with these images, but I am thinking I will make a few up to put onto a Christmas card to give as extra's this year.


So adorable and really quick and simple to make.  It kinda makes me look talented!   I will resist the urge to downplay my part and simply say - I am pleased. Again, I would suggest you break out some of your stamp sets you haven't used in a while and give it a go.  This water color thing is fun!


3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Those images are perfect with watercolor!
    Thanks for your sweet words for my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and what a gorgeous watercolour! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andie this is lovely. Subtle and gorgeous colors. I love this technique and this stamp is a beauty. I had to laugh when I read that a few attemtps ended up in the bin. I know what you mean:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?