Background

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Sunflower


The Sunflower by William Blake
Ah, Sunflower, weary of time,
Who countest the steps of the sun;
Seeking after that sweet golden clime,
Where the traveler's journal done;
Where the youth pined away with desire,
And the pale virgin shrouded in snow,
Arise from their graves, and aspire
Where my Sunflower wishes to go!

I made these images using my Heartfelt Creations Sunflower Stem stamp and my Prima Oil Pastels watercolor crayons.  I used the technique similar to what Kristina Werner uses in this video.  As you can see from my attempts, there is a technique that requires mastery here.  You need to use enough water to activate the crayons and less water to allow the image details to come through.


I simply adore the results.  Today is a reason for me to celebrate all on its own as today is my mother's birthday.  I hope it is a special day for her and send this spot of sunshine in her general direction to brighten her day.  Happy Birthday, Mom!



3 comments:

  1. That is so pretty, you are the master of watercolor medium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful, Andie. I love the poem, too. Nice, seasonal Bday card for your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool - love the colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?