Background

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Our Beautiful World - Weather


Our Beautiful World has a word prompt this week - weather.  The idea is to post pictures of what the weather in your part of the world looks like.  I'd be lying if I suggested that our weather looks anything different than this most days of the year.  Phoenix (near Chandler where I live) averages 299 days of sunshine a year.  This means we average sunshine 80% of the time.  With sunshine come heat, dryness and shadows - not the best picture taking time of the day.

The weather can be volitle when a storm rolls through.  Occasionally, as in the year of El Nino like we are now, we can string two days of rainy, overcast weather together, but mostly it is sunshine all the way.

My dog free grass in the backyard
Still, once you get used to it, Arizona is a wonderful place to live. I now enjoy all the sunshine and even the heat, though with near 100 degree heat this week, I'm ready for fall.  If you haven't checked them out yet, head on over to Our Beautiful World to see what the weather is like in other parts of the world.



9 comments:

  1. I guess our weather is somewhat similar, however, we are having pretty nice weather the last 2 weeks, just in the 90s, perfect!
    Thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw, so much days of sunshine a year! That must be really nice :-D
    Here in Belgium, we have a bit of everything: sun (like today!), but also a lot of rain. And during winter we regularly have snow. Sometimes one day it's really hot and the next it's freezing cold. But we get used to it ;-)
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would be too hot for me... I enjoy cooler temperatures and only this summe said to a friend that I might have to move to Scandinavia after all! I'm very much enjoying fall and am alredy looking forward to winter as well. Thanks for your kind domment at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! Almost 300 sunny days a year sounds like fun, but 100 degrees in October... sounds a little bit too warm. :)
    Enjoy the approaching autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Nice captures. It looks very warm in AZ. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Nice captures. It looks very warm in AZ. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even begin to imagine so much sunshine and heat! Terrific photos for our prompt! Thanks so much for sharing at OBW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photo's. We are well and truly into Fall here, the leaves have turned and are dropping and shhhh but there might even be a rain/snow! mix this weekend ahhhh head for the hills LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I would love to see the sun, it's grey days here at the moment! Wonderful photos for "weather"! Thank you for joining OBW :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?