I had previously mentioned that I created a card for the City Crafter challenge that was a fail. I'm finally getting around to posting the fail. Here's the details where I include the parts I didn't like so much:
|challenge submission card|
- The background (which is actually in the foreground) was made by sprinkling Brilliant Red, Orange and Yellow Brushos watercolor crystals onto Strathmore watercolor paper. I then used a spray bottle to mist water over the paper. I taped the paper to my work surface with painters tape and used a heat tool to dry. However, I used a lot more water and you can see how this background is more watercolor that the one I chose for the challenge. For this card (not always - because I'm loving my Brushos for watercolor backgrounds), it really like the small burst of color in the challenge submission.
- I die cut the background with my Momenta Cut 'N Emboss Leaf die to cut out the openings for my shaker card. I also cut leaves from glitter paper to put on the back of the card behind the window. Nothing that is a specific "fail" in my mind here.
- I used Jennifer McQuire's shaker card method to assemble my card, filling the openings with October Tango prills. I didn't add enough prills and also used foam squares to adhere my shaker card, rather than Jennifer's trick of die cutting a piece of white foam to raise my frame for the shaker card. The result is an opening that allows the prills to hide and thus, not have enough "shake" (compared to the submission card above.
- The sentiment came from a Raisin Boat Thankful stamp set. I stamped in brown Archival Ink and hand cut the flag, edging in Distress Inks. Again, something I couldn't screw up!
I linked this up at SSS Monday Challenge: Autumn is in the Air. Come join the fun!