Background

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Set Of Notecards


I decided to try my hand a new use for my Brusho water color crystals.  Today I die cut this leafy branch using my Cricut Straight From the Nest cart.  I cut this from white cardstock at between 4 and 5 inches.  I then used my Yellow, Leaf Green and Brown Brusho water color crystals, strategically sprinkling them onto the die cut.  I liberally spritzed water from a spray bottle over the die cut and let it do some magic.  With these die cuts, I used a lot more water to create the blended look typically seen when using watercolors.

I used my SSS Stitched Rectangles die to create the white cardstock background, embossing the sentiment with gold embossing powder.  To create a thicker result, I sprinkled embossing powder over the image while still hot from the first time I melted the image and re-heated to melt the new powder.  This technique can work to fill in and enhance the image, creating a rich look.  I also used the same technique on the cardstock background, edging the paper with my embossing ink and sprinkling with the embossing powder, adding bits as I went to create a shiny edge.  I really like this technique.

























































You'll notice some hexagonal glimmer on the cards.  Depending upon the light and angle, they look different colors, but are really gold.  I simply glued these sequins in place to add some interest to the page.  Another nice card set that I'm setting aside for Christmas gifts.  I'm collecting quite a stash and anticipate needing all of them as small gifts to acquaintances at work and otherwise.

How about you?  Any Christmas shopping yet?  It is a tough thing to think about, but time is shorter than we think.  I hear Christmas carols as we speak...

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge Wonderful Watercolor

Word Art Wednesday's Challenge # 205 Anything Goes

Virginia's  View Challenge #19

Come join the fun or stop to be inspired.


4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful collection - love how you used the Brusho's ! Christmas gifts are getting harder each year now that my girls are older, I find it really difficult to decide what to get them. When they were little it was so much easier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these cards are so beautiful. Love the pretty colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Andie! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Colored” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?