Background

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Let Me Introduce My Dear Apple


This is another Gorjuss girl, Dear Apple, stamp image colored with my Inktense Watercolor pencils.  I purchased a set of 12 pencils (inexpensive investment at Amazon) and find that with combining colors I can make most of what I'm looking for.  At least while I'm still such a beginner.

I colored this image while on a work trip recently.  I simply stamped the image with Archival black ink onto watercolor paper before leaving the house and tucked the image, my waterbrush and pencils into the suitcase.

The image coloring is a bit rough because the lighting at night in the hotel room isn't the best.  However, I am really pleased with how pretty she turned out.  Notice the intensity of the red color in her hair ribbons.  This is the same pencil that colored the pink in her dress and socks.  I applied pencil directly on the hair ribbons and used a small amount of water to activate the color.  Also, I scribbled pencil on some palette paper and used a watercolor brush to mix the color with water, allowing me to apply intense color to a very small space, like the hearts on her socks.  I watched this video and used similar techniques throughout my image.

I'm serious folks - you need to give this a try.  If I can do it, anyone can.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is so adorable, and you did an amazing job with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and such a sweet image! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?