Background

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Prima Oil Pastel Watercolor Crayons



I've been playing around with my Prima Oil Pastel crayons.  This water soluble oil pastel media is so creamy and the colors so wonderful, I just couldn't stop creating images.  I used the technique found in this video for reach of these stamped images.  The leaves were stamped using my Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf stamp.    The rose is a wood stamp from way back.
Fail - Used too much water on the brush to fill in the gaps















My Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters stamp provided the detail for these images.  Since this is not a solid stamp, I finished the look with a waterbrush and some water - filling the centers of the petals in with the oil pastel transferred to the page.  It's a different look that I'm sure to explore some more.












One shouldn't end on a disappointing note, but these wings stamps just didn't retain the fine detail in the stamped image.  They are lovely in their own right, but I'm not sure they worked out the way I'd like.  Just proof that I need to keep on experimenting with my new tool.  As so I shall.  If I end up making these into anything, I'll share that with you here as well.  Hope all is well in your world as we look forward to November being here.  Isn't time flying by?





2 comments:

  1. How lovely, that reminded me that I still have a box of watercolor canyon in the original packet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?