Background

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Our Beautiful World - Colors of October


This week's word prompt over at Our Beautiful World is Colors of October.  Quite technically, these photos were taken in September, but they are what I think of when I think of October in Colorado.  We usually travel for fall break - the first two weeks of October and so I associate the colors of fall with the colors of October in Colorado.  Still, I think these photos count - blue skies, white clouds, green evergreen trees, barren slopes in tans and browns. Occassionally, one can find a stand of trees whose leaves have turned.  This and the next three photos are all taken along Trail Ridge Road driving West out of Estes Park in Colorado.  I recently visited my grandparents and we spent the day enjoying the scenic views.



A stop by the side of the road where we find a delightful little brooke flowing in and amongst the bushes.  Beautiful splashes of red flowers were found along the water.

This view if from the hill right next to my grandparents house in Broomfield, Colorado.  One might find it boring in the tans and browns, with little green.  I find it delightful as this is the view when I am only minutes from seeing my grandparents.   This familiar feeling is full of anticipation and joy.


Here we are next to the Big Thompson river in Estes park, my grandma and me.  I thank God for such a strong and loving women who has been there all my life.  I am joyful that my 88 year old grandma could spend the day driving in the Rocky Mountians.  This is something we've done for decades and if it was up to me we'd do it for decades more.  Wishing you the joy of October.  Why don't you flip through your pictures to show the ladies over at Our Beautiful World what the colors of October look like where you are from?



12 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Andie! The views are a little bit like ours, only that everything is bigger and more handsome where you live. :)
    Lovely, happy photo of you and your grandmother. Have a beautiful October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely October Colors Andie, it take me back to Aspen all over again! I love that sweet photo of you and your grandma, thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What could be nicer than the autumn colors! Oh yeah, I like the fading colors too, the misty blue and the brown in your photo.
    Enjoy the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's a lovely place to be! I don't see much autumn color here in New Zealand so I love to see it through blogs around the world. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see those beautiful Colorado-views :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful!
    October is such a beautiful month.

    here from Our Beautiful World.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Nice beautiful series of Colorado photos. I like the first one very much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fabulous photo's! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful place!! Wonderful photos! Thanks so much for sharing these at OBW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Colorado, it's such a beautiful place!! Your photos are wonderful and how strong your grandma looks! Thank you for joining OBW :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the breathtaking tour of Colorado, as well as for sharing the photograph with your strong and loving grandmother. I never have been to Colorado, but it's one of the states in my bucket list. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous landscape. How wonderful for you to spend time with your grandmother viewing all that beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?