Background

Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Fun Halloween Treat




I'm posting this Halloween treat and a few photos to jump into some last minute challenges.  I've mentioned before that the ladies at work got together and decided to encourage one another with small gifts and treats throughout the year.  We're each assigned one person to specifically bless, but usually end up blessing the group.  These treats were made for just such a purpose and handed out this week at work.  

The orange piece is cardstock cut at 3.5 inches wide and then I used my stitched rectangle die to cut the window.  I scored the piece a .5, 4.5, and 5.5m to create the "envelope".  I folded the first score mark and cut the 1/2 moon shape with a 1" circle punch.  This provides the hole for the treat bag to fit through.  A swirl stamp on the front with black ink created something interested as a backdrop for the tag.  The tag was from a Michaels seasonal kit and I used black modeling paste through an extremely old Sizzix stencil to create my creatures on purple cardstock.  I fussy cut them out since I didn't have a matching die (no such thing back then!).



A little black and white twine and some candies and this treat was ready for sharing.

 

I just couldn't resist the opportunity to share my friend Kyles fun Halloween creature.  She works at a school library where they are having a pumpkin engraving contest.  Meet the Grouchy Ladybug.  Her take was from a children's book.  I think it turned out fabulous.



I'm going to enter my treat in the following challenges :

City Crafter Challenge : Creatures of the Night

Word Art Wednesday's : Challenge #207 Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge : Simon Says Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge : Throwback I'm throwing back to the 10/27/14 challenge Treats.
Lastly, I'm going to link up to Our Beautiful World's challenge Boo! with my picture of the Gorouchy Ladybug.   Come join the fun!




6 comments:

  1. Your treat bags made me smile....and that lady pumpkin is looking pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the grouchy ladybug pumpkin! And those treats are so cute. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Andie! super cute treat bags, very creative! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog for world kindness day, stop by and comment for your chance at winning!

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-best-day-ever.html

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andie! What fabulous projects!! Love the ladybug! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at OBW! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome treat bags! And that ladybug is such fun. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are wonderful treat bags and I love that pumpkin! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?